ECCC + VanFanExpo! 2015 Pre-order commissions slots open!
[UPDATE: Digital preorders are no longer open for ECCC and Fan Expo Vancouver. I do accept digital commissions, but those will be completed and shipped after Easter weekend (4/3-4/5).]
Howdy! I have a big announcement to make! I will have a table in the artist’s alley at Emerald City Comicon this year! My table will be JJ-03 on the 6th floor under “Punching Pandas.” It was a last minute addition that I wasn’t expecting to open up, but now that I’m on the list it’s time to get bizzay! I will also be featuring at the FanExpo Vancouver [UPDATE: at table A35] the following weekend April 3-5. I’m busy trying to get things together and am really excited to show my work in these cons.
I will be opening up pre-order commission slots for
digital prints and BW ink originals to pick up at both conventions. I will be doing commissions at the conventions, but these pre-orders will allow me to spend a little more time on your piece without being interrupted with the needs of the booth as well as relieve you from having to stand in another line. Slots are limited for now, but if I feel like I have the bandwidth to do more, I’ll take on more commissions. I’m open to doing commissions outside of the conventions, but pre-orders for the conventions will have first priority.
Commissions will be single full-body characters with a minimal background depending on the commission. I might make an exception if I feel like the additional characters are simple enough to add in (e.g. a parrot on a pirate’s shoulder). Some general guidelines for the subjects:
What I won’t draw:
- Sexual activity or lewd content. There’s kids who look at my stuff, man!
- Explicit nudity and gore. I’m not averse to either, but only if it’s done in a tasteful and humorous way.
- Crazy complex designs or compositions like a pile of nails or intricate mech designs. If you want a picture of a pile of nails, take a photo.
- Caricatures, realistic likenesses, or hyper-realism.
- The price of the commissions are subject to change depending on the complexity of the character.
- Commission requests will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- I reserve the right to refuse a commission if I am not comfortable with the subject or if I find it too complicated.
What I will draw:
- Animals, people, some celebrities
- Fan art, original art, video game art, all kinds of art! 😀
- Overall, I want to have a good time drawing something so that you will enjoy seeing on your wall. I’m just here to have a good time and try my best!
To add your name to the list, please email me at nolen.lee [AAATTT] gmail duh-duh-dot com. Please include:
ECCC Commission” or“VanFanExpo Commission” in your subject header so I know which convention I need to bring the pieces to.
- Indicate which days you plan on attending each convention so I know when to have them ready and when to bring them.
- Clear reference photos of the character (send pictures, not links). I see you spammers… -_-
- Specific notes for the piece including the personality, attitude, and anything you might find relevant to the character. The better you can explain your concept, the easier and quicker I can get the piece completed.
- Indicate if you would like to have a
digital print (see below for deadline), BW painting, or pencil sketch. [UPDATE: Digital preorder commission slots no longer offered for either comicon, but I do receive commissions outside of the comicons. Please email me at the address above if you are interested in a commission.]
Once I receive your email, I will confirm within 24 hours with your position on the list. If I accept your commission request, I’ll send you my PayPal information; I’ll begin work once I’ve received payment.
- [UPDATE: Digital print commission slots no longer offered for Emerald City. Fan Expo requests are still open] 11×17 Digital color print – starting at $80 USD, additional characters – starting at $20 USD
- Printed with archival inks
- Lexjet Premium Matte paper
- [UPDATED] 9×12 BW ink original with wash – starting at $40 USD, additional characters – starting at $15 USD
- Watercolor paper, 300 g/m², cold-pressed
- Will add minimal color upon request
- [UPDATED] 5×8 BW ink original with wash – starting at $25, additional characters – starting at $10
- [UPDATED] Watercolor paper, 300 g/m², cold-pressed
- Will add minimal color upon request
- Include matting for $5
Due to my limited time leading up to both shows, I will stop receiving pre-order requests for digital prints to give myself ample time to complete the artwork and send them to the printer.
For ECCC, please submit your commission request no later than March 9, 2015. For Fan Expo Vancouver, please submit your commission request no later than March 16, 2015. I will try to get to as many of these commissions as I possibly can, if I’m unable to complete your commission in time, I will ship the image to your location.
[UPDATE: I won’t be receiving anymore digital preorder commissions for VanExpo but I will be doing ink drawing commissions leading up to Fan Expo as well as commissions during the cons. If you’re interested in commissions outside of the cons, please contact me at the email address listed above.]
Looking forward to seeing you all at these year’s cons! It’s gonna be a blast!